What a Friend we have in Jesus!

Two men camping within the forest were enjoying their morning occasional when, all of a sudden, they noticed a awfully giant, hungry grizzly bear running toward them.

One of the lads quickly pulled on his trainers.

"Do you really suppose you'll be able to outrun that grizzly bear?" his friend asked.

"I do not ought to," he replied. "All I actually have to try to to is outrun you."

We all have had friends like that, haven't we? At the primary threat of danger or hardship or problem, they desert us.

So what makes for true friendship? it's been said that a real friend is one who walks in when others walk out.

Thankfully, there are individuals in my life who have stood by me and are honest friends. however one issue i'm assured of, one issue i'm certain of, is that I actually have found a lover in Jesus Christ. He perpetually has been a real friend.

Jesus Christ offers His friendship to us!

The question is whether or not we actually need to be friends of God. He cannot just be our friend while not a response on our half.

A friendship, obviously, is created from 2 individuals committing themselves to 1 another. I will extend friendship to you, however till you come it to me, I cannot legitimately say that we've got a friendship.

Jesus demonstrated His willingness to own a friendship with us by what He did for us. He said,

"Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends." (John 15:13)

He showed us how dedicated He was to us when He did simply that.

What a lover we've got in Jesus!

0 comments: